Too Much Time on My Hands

February 5, 2018

And it's tick tick ticking away....not entirely sure why I gave this email that title. The song just came to my head so I wrote it down. 

This was another week. Nothing outstanding, nothing absolutely horrible.

When you run out of hot tamales... :( :( :(

There hasn't been too much progress with the mornings, but I've urged Elder Costas to start exercising after he gets up and he's been doing it, so that's a positive change that should at least help him feel a little better physically. He is also starting to get some sleep in the night which is another improvement. For some reason, things kept coming up that kept us with a minimum of proselyting time (dealing with car stuff, visiting members, making sure that we were doing the required studies and plannings, and a few other odds and ends). We just let the time get away from us. We've set a goal to set apart time each day specifically for finding this week. 

A few positive points of the week: (1) We had interviews with President Andersen, and those are always a nice little pick me up. (2) We've set up a constant time to meet with a less-active member and her kids every week for a FHE-esque visit. (3) We spent practically all of Saturday doing service for a member who is moving from a piso to his campo. The "all day" part was not planned or expected, but we helped him get the majority of his family's belongings and furniture from his apartment on the 3rd floor (which we both know is the 4th) to his place in Villena. There's nothing like service in the form of hard labor to break up the daily routine. We're sore and we were feeling pretty tired physically on Sunday, but I for one was happy to provide tangible service.

Finding fun.

Phone filters are fun.

Oh! There was some exciting mission news that has officially come out so now I can explain what I know. The Spain Málaga Mission will be separated and integrated into the Madrid and Barcelona missions in July! It's pretty crazy and I'm pretty excited to see how the logistics of everything goes down. President Andersen brought this announcement to our attention at the end of our tech-based zone conference a little bit ago. That being said, I don't know too much beyond what the Church has released. I'm just excited to know I have the possibility of going farther up north. The upper regions have seemed very interesting to me as I've learned more about Spain.

Spiritual Thought: (Seriously, this is going to be a pretty flippin' amazing spiritual thought. But just give me one more week to really form a solid idea.)

For now, please except the following: I know that God lives. I know that His Son came to this world to provide a perfect example, to provide us a way to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father through His atonement, and to offer the ultimate sacrifice with an unjust, but necessary death. I know that He rose from the grave on the third day and that He lives. He is at the head of this marvelous organization we call a church, and his work continues to fill this earth.

I hope the week goes well for all,

Elder Jensen :)

night selfie

Comments

Popular Posts