The Taste of America

March 26, 2018

Hey there! Sorry about the lil' hiccup last week. For whatever reason, my email was on the fritz, so I couldn't send stuff. I'm glad my hidden trove of videos from the Drive was finally discovered :P 
Four Guys @ Five Guys





This was a good week with some interesting twists and turns. Well, there was really only one where we misplaced our phone and it is now floating around Extremadura but we'll get to that later!

Monday: We taught José the Word of Wisdom and he's down to drop all of the required liquids and has no problem with the other harmful substances. As far w
as we know, he's still going strong with that. We then went to a dinner/FHE in the Goodrick home with José and it was a good time! 

Tuesday: At district meeting I used a pie graph to prove how The Book of Mormon helps us become more like Christ and essentially that the Church is true. *mic drop*

Wednesday: We had another very good lesson with José going over the Ten Commandments and the law of chastity. The guy is killing it as a 74 year old Spaniard. After the lesson, he gave us a couple cute ceramic bowls (he sells ceramics) and drove us to the soccer courts that we were going to play a game at. It was not my day with the phone, but Elder Bingham's hands were full and asked me to make a call as we were entering the car. So, the phone was in my pocket, but then I received a phone call and answered it. At the end of that call is where the slip up happens. The phone did not go back into the pocket. Upon arriving at the courts, José stopped in the middle of the road to drop us off, there was traffic coming, and we had a million and one items to juggle (bags, ceramics, soccer stuff, etc.) So we hurriedly disembarked and got to the sidewalk, and José drove to his home in a pueblo 40 minutes away. Not even a minute passed when I patted my pocket and realized exactly what had just occurred. The phone was in the van which was ready to go cross-country on a sales trip. We got a hold of him (well, we got a hold of a member who got a hold of him) and let him know that our phone was very likely in his van, so he looked for it, but couldn't find it. I however, with my background of having a mom who always found things for me in my youth, knew for a fact that he just didn't look hard enough. 












Soccer was fun.

Thursday: We travelled to Granada to have exchanges with the zone leaders, which means...I spent the next day and a half with Elder Anderson! It was a very good and full exchange.

Exchanges: Elder Anderson and I walked the wide and spread out streets of Granada and caught up on life and the mission as we stopped by certain people that he wanted to pass by. No one was home, but we had a cita set up with an investigator of theirs at the end of the evening who would be baptized if it weren't for her current living situation. She's awesome. In the morning, we ran to the chapel, played soccer, then got ready for the day. In the morning, Elder Anderson and I had a lesson with a Romanian guy that has trouble understanding Spanish (where's Elder Ditto when you need him?) but the Romanian pamphlet helped.

I have to wrap this up because we accidentally set something up for 6:30 even though our schedule has changed back to ending at 7.

Long story short, the phone really is in José's van, he really just didn't look hard enough (thanks Mom).

I hope the week goes well!

Elder Jensen :)
Signing off...




Comments

Popular Posts