20/20 Vision (Actually my vision is pretty dang horrible)

May 28, 2018

I bet everyone is wanting to know what Cartagena is like! Boy, I would sure love to tell you what it's like, but I can't! Most of my week was spent outside of Cartagena! Even better, next week will be the same! Woo.

Monday was pretty normal. Elder Clark and I got haircuts from ya boy Samir, and we played card games and wrote emails in the chapel for pretty much the rest of the day. In the evening, we went out to another part of our area that I hadn't seen yet. Still just as empty as the other parts. 

Tuesday we had district meeting (first one planned and conducted by yours truly) and it went really well. We've got a good group of missionaries out here in Carta-G. After lunch and studies and what not, we decided to knock a specific street and got some fun experiences out of it. A door that we knocked that didn't even have a doorknob ending up leading to a room full of Africans that clearly didn't speak Spanish nor want what we're giving out. Another was just a nice old dude who told us that he literally couldn't carry a conversation because his hearing was so bad, and I believe it. He was nice about it, though. We then received two referrals, so we went on a little hunt calling their numbers and looking for one's address. One turned out to be non-existent, and the other one doesn't live here, sooo that was a fun little rollercoaster of emotion. Towards the end of the day, I received a call to let me know that I would be out of town Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in the morning to do the second part of my residency trip. More on that is soon to come.

Wednesday morning is something that has completely escaped the metal trap that is my memory, sooo in the evening we were able to meet with a man who has been investigating the church for a while now who lives with a member. Both of them really like the missionaries and they feed us dinner whenever we visit. We're going to crack down pretty hard on Jesús (that's his name) pretty soon, because that's what things are leading up to. He's pretty much a member at this point. We'll see how the situation develops.

Thursday morning I packed and so did Elder Clark since he was staying behind with the other elders. I boarded a bus to Murcia and met up with Elder Newman, Hermana Rust, and Hermana Cardús, all of which are from my group! We ended up being on the longest possible route to Málaga. Seriously! It included a stop in a pueblo, a 20 minute break in the middle of nowhere, and the standard half hour break in Granada. We left Murcia at 4:00 and got to Málaga a little after 10:00. We stayed the night with Elder Rich and Elder Hach.

Friday: long story short, we picked up our residency cards, and bussed back to Murcia for the night. I have neither the time nor the energy to explain much more, but let's just say there were a lot of close calls for departure times, and the zone leaders in Murcia weren't informed that we were staying the night with them.

I got on one last bus and arrived in Cartagena in the morning on Saturday. Over the past couple of days I drank at most a liter and a half of water, and ate about a meal and a half's worth of food. I was a little tired. There isn't too much to report for the day.

I had my first Sunday with regular church meetings, so now I'm a little more familiar with the members.

Man! My Preparation Day time management has been rough lately. Keep a tight hold of those socks still. You never know when an amazing spiritual thought might just explode out of nowhere.

Oh yeah. I turned 20 yesterday...🎉

Elder Jensen :)

Comments

Popular Posts