Hello, Cartegena

May 21, 2018

Hola!

This has been a good week of goodbyes and adjustments, as transfer weeks normally go. The first three days were spent packing and saying goodbye to people. As I already mentioned, it was a little disappointing to leave Jaén, but I've gotten past that first wave of selfish sadness. I was able to visit a couple members that I was closer to, and Bishop Gómez even took us out to eat for lunch my last day.
 
Rosario's Family 
Bishop Gomez's Family

Johnny and Jenni

Capilla y Raga




Farewell, Jaen Brothers.

The hop, skip, and jump over to Cartagena went well and now I'm with Elder Clark. He's from Moses Lake! I keep on happening upon people from there out here. Being from the same region of Washington, we've actually gone to some of the same youth conferences! We're getting along just fine. I was assigned as district leader, which is a first. I like the district I'm in. There's one other set of elders and a companionship of hermanas. We should have a good time together.

Elder Clark from Moses Lake, WA. The Elders are in Zone A of their area, and this graffiti was appropriate.

Funny little pizza place.
This area is very different than the last one I had. It's very vacant. And boy are there a lot of Muslims here. A lot of store signs are in Spanish and Arabic. A nice Moroccan gentlemen cut my hair today as he spoke in Arabic and Spanish with people in the shop. We're figuring things out and I'm still working on getting acquainted with the people that we're working with. My first couple of days here, we had an investigator cancel on us, so everything was just exploring and learning to navigate my new area. There's hardly anybody out and about during the day.

Call Me Al by Paul Simon is now going through my head. If you have the privilege to listen to it, play it once for me. It deserves to be properly enjoyed with semi-regularity. 

I'm running low on spiritual though juice at the moment, so the most I can do is tell you hold on to your socks, because next week's just might rock them off.

Have a good week!

Elder Jensen :)

Comments

Popular Posts