Bilback in the Saddle Again


October 15

Hey-o!

This was a pretty full week! I am currently on a train headed toward Bilbao (again), so this email should be a little more full than last week's.

Starting with Monday, we had probably my most eventful P-day in the mission. The elders and sisters in Lleida bussed up to Andorra to spend the day as a district. The first thing we did was drive up to this lookout point with a statue called El Mirador with the Southwicks. We then went on a hike that goes down the mountain then loops back up as the Southwicks waited at the top. That was probably the funnest hike I've ever been on. It lasted about half an hour. We sprinted a larger portion of it, took a few detours, and made a survival video that consisted of quick cuts of the hike that covered a little over 11 minutes of footage. I'll send it to the Drive. I was laughing the entire way. 

El Mirador overlooking Andorra. El mirador means "the lookout."

Elder Harris and Elder Jensen 
The District!


After our hike we drove to La Vella, ate some Subway, then went our different ways for a season. Elders Willden, Clarke, Harris, and I went to the park to throw the football around and goof off, and the sisters went with the Southwicks to the shopping center. We reconvened in the Southwick home to have a Monday-evening district meeting followed by some burgers, fries, and cheesecake. The day was as full as my stomach. We stayed the night in Andorra, then we all packed up and drove down to Lleida to start our exchanges.

We arrived around lunch time and I headed out with Elder Clarke in the evening, contacting to our hearts' desire until it was time for the ward bowling activity. He bowled a 191, and I bowled a 175, choking at the very end when I had the chance to top him...I think. I still don't understand the scoring system of bowling in regards to strikes.

I went out with Elder Willden the next day and did pretty much the same thing without the bowling. After lunch we drove back to our area, then drove out to the pueblo an hour away to visit the nice Bolivian member who takes care of a bed-ridden señora. She's doing fine. Just in the middle of nowhere with her 7 year-old son. I drove a lot that day.

Alright, I'm going to be honest--I did not take advantage of the time I had on the train. I'm in Bilbao, and we're hitting the end of a tiring day of unplanned activities among our two zones. That being said, my mind isn't remembering too well what we did specifically, so I'm going to be a little general. Our days were pretty much filled with member visits. We're getting a good thing going with the members and some things are now in the works in regards to helping some people come back to the Church and reaching out to those who might be interested in hearing more about it. They also feed us, so that's nice. 

On Saturday, we ate with some members and had a little family home afternoon to start our fast. The man of the house is a professional chef. I couldn't pick a better way to start a 24-hour period without food or water.

On Sunday we had a full house at church in La Seu and Andorra, which I haven't witnessed too often. It's good to see the number of those attending on the rise...now if only we could get them to sing a little better. *sigh* Baby steps. Baby steps. 

Isabella is doing great. Jhoselin is having boy drama. Elder Harris continues to rock it. I'm starting to think that I'm going to miss driving...nah. The shortened transfer ends this week, so next Tuesday you'll be learning what will be my next (and probably last) area!

I would just like to take a moment to hype up General Conference even though it has already passed. This conference was pretty great. The older I get, the more I love every opportunity to listen to a prophet's voice. Do what you can to look over this most recent round of talks and see what speaks out to you personally. If you earnestly seek inspiration, comfort, and answers, you will receive them.

My brain and legs are dead (I'll explain that later), so I'll just turn in for now.

Have a krunk week.

Elder Jensen :)

Comments

Popular Posts