Genovia

October 8, 2018

Esteemed Family and Friends,

What up?

This was another well-rounded week that built up to what has become one of my favorite semi-annual, multimedia-broadcasted, Lloyd Newell-introduced occasions of the year. I looove General Conference and I am already sad to see it go. Funny thing: I remember it being a lot longer a couple years ago. I'm not sure what really changed there. 

Moving on to the week, we'll start with the very beginning (a very good place to start). On Monday, Elder Harris bought a football and that was pretty much the highlight of our day since La Vella has a central park with grass that you are allowed to run on. I haven't seen too much of that around here. I worked certain muscles that I hadn't used in a while as we tossed the ball back and forth, ran routes, juked imaginary linebackers, etc. It was fun to goof off with a football. My cardio endurance has always been garbage until the moment my body realizes that it's doing something football-related. I'm not entirely sure what the science is behind that, but 'tis what it is. In the evening we had a family night with a family in the branch. They are a bunch of Dominicans (all the kids were born in Madrid) and Pájaro tagged along. The kids are Antonio (16), Rosa (15), and Ana (15...twins). We ate some arepas (stuffed corn pancakes) and chased them down with some morir soñando. Morir soñando is a Dominican beverage that is pretty much liquid diabetes. The ingredients are ice, milk, vanilla, orange juice, sugar, and condensed milk. Emphasis on the sugar and condensed milk. You can feel it eating away at your throat as it goes down and hits your stomach like a bucket of cement, but it's really good!

Morir Sonando.

Sooo we had a P-day with our district that took up pretty much the whole day. I wrote that first paragraph this morning. They came up to Andorra and we had a field day that I literally have no time to describe, so that will have to wait for next time. 

Highlights of the Week!
-Randomly watching a large portion of Meet the Mormons followed by some crepes during a FHE with mostly girls #sleepover
-Random trudge with a recent convert across almost all of La Vella when we thought we were going to visit him in his home
-Cleaning up Ramón's apartment even more 
-General conference

This was kind of short, but I'll make up for it next week! (Just consider this payback for nobody writing me today 🤗) (I was writing him as I got this letter--oops) (also, Chelsea wrote him--good job, Chels) (not sure what happened with other people) (slackers)

Elder Jensen :)

Comments

Popular Posts