Batta Jaws

A quiet avenue.
All the Elder Jensens you could ever want.

I really don't have too much for this week. I was in charge of the taller in-district meeting. I taught about preparation for lessons and it was good. I sometimes forget that my Spanish is actually good enough to prepare and lead an entire workshop on my own. Elder Nye and I were also chosen for the practice. I got a lot of language practice in this district meeting. 

Speaking of my Spanish, it's sort of plateauing. I'm trying to fix that. But I'm also focusing on knowing the doctrine in my own words, so it's probably just a phase. I hope it's a phase. Contacting has helped with that.
Speaking of contacting (just full of segways today aren't we?), we did a lot of that this week. Meaning, it's all we did this week. We had our regular weekly meetings and we were fed a couple times, but beyond that, we were contacting. I don't think it got below 100° while the sun was out the whole week. I just love how the heat adds on to the grand list of excuses that Spaniards have to avoid talking with us. One man actually said no as he walked by BECAUSE it was hot. Fun stuff, haha! But Elder Nye and I have fun with it. It stinks that he's going home this transfer.

I'm glad things are a little more tranquilo at home. Things seemed pretty hectic for a while. It's crazy to think that school is already about to start again.

I really don't have anything more of importance to say. I sent pictures and those are worth like a thousand words each, right? 

This is the Plaza Alta. They call it that because it's alta (tall). 


I don't know what this building is. But it has what seems to be Dobby just hanging around on a spire.
Upon closer inspection, it is some kind of Hermes dude. I think the Dobby approach is much more entertaining.

Here's some pictures from our excursion to Mérida a few weeks back! 

Cool foot bridge that has been here since Roman times.

Saw a cool herd of goats out of nowhere.


The biggest remaining section of the aqueducts in Mérida. By the by, this small city/town used to be a thriving capital of the Roman Empire, or something along those lines. I'm 90% sure that Augustus was born here.

"Who cares about aqueducts that have withstood the test of time for centuries, when you can enjoy some shade from that Extremadura sun!"

These are various shots from the inner fortress of the citadel of the old city.



I walked along the whole wall where I circled on the mosaic.

Keep up whatever good things you all are doing! Stop doing the bad things that you're doing while you're at it.

Elder Jensen :)

P.S. Almost forgot--Presidente Silva (Peruvian) made ceviche for us this week and it was absolutely delicious. 

P.S.S.
Hey there, Mom! 
I'm doing very well! I'm doing great spiritually! 
The members here are few, but great! It's a nice branch.
There isn't too much consistency with who feeds us. It's been a different family every time. I'll try to include the names and characteristics of the people who feed us in the weekly emails as they come along after this one.

I need the email of Caden (he probably has a mission email now, but I'd like to confirm it) and Josh and Bec. That would be fantastic. Also, could I get Tressa's email? I need to welcome her to the family.
I'm happy all of the reception stuff went well and I look forward to seeing the pictures.
I need to go buy food now, so I'll have to talk to you more another time. Thanks for the Will story, it cracked me up. Let's just hope it isn't prophesy, haha. I love you very much! Now go rest. You need it. ;)

Elder Jensen :)

*Will's Story*
Today after church we were eating lunch and Will pauses, holding his PB&J, and says, "Mom, I'm going to tell you a story."
"Okay." This is new.
"Once upon a time... (voice drops for dramatic intensity) there was a scary monshter. The monshter was in da woods. The DARK woods and it was scary."
"Oohhh."
"The scary monshter was grabbing things and biting things. It was biting airplanes."
"Oh no."
"It grabbed Jacob's airplane out da sky and bited it! And Jacob got a owie. He needed a band-aid. So I got him to da doctor's office. And Jacob was brave at da doctor's office."
"Did Jacob get all better?"
"No. He had to stay there. But then the monshter tried to get ME."
"Uh-oh. What did you do?"
"I took out my gun and I shot him. And he got an owie in his belly." *grabs his belly*
"So the monshter was all gone, then?"
"Yeah. But then ANOTHER monshter came up out da ground, and it was biting da cars and da airplanes, too."
"Oh my."
"And I shot dat monshter, too, with my gun right in his belly."
"Oh, good job. Yay!"
"But den it got back up--"
"Oh."
"--and was biting da--"
"Airplanes?"
"Yeah."
"And did you shoot it again?"
"Yeah. And it fell down. But den ANOTHER monshter came--"
"Does this story end?"
"Nope. And it was mashing the cars. And mashed and mashed and--"
"Will?"
"What?"
"Eat your sandwich."
"Okay." *eats sandwich*

Comments

Popular Posts