Road Trip

August 7, 2017

Hey there! Let's get right to the partial President letter:

This was a good first full week in Badajoz. I'm getting a little more acquainted with the area and the members here. All I have to say about Elder Nye is that he's awesome. This week, Elder Nye started an initiative to be more diligent with contacting which is awesome because I'm very out of practice. We're trying to refocus, buckle down, and get to work this transfer.
Buckling down--messing around in the mirror.
Looks like a band poster looking for a new member.

Hermana Aguilar called us Friday night about the missing information from my old area in San Fernando. It wasn't until I hung up the phone 10 minutes later that I realized that I had just had a very involved phone conversation in Spanish with a native speaker without even breaking a sweat or missing a step. Upon making that realization, I had a short time of shock and celebration, which was then immediately followed by me going by my bed and giving a prayer of thanks. I emailed her the information that I have yesterday, and I hope that will fix the problem. Needless to say, the Spanish is progressing. Increasing the amount of contacting I do can only help me with this language and gain confidence in my ability to speak.
City graffiti.


This week kinda flew by, but as I said, Beta Joe's is treating me well. Here's a fun thing that happened Friday. Elder Nye and I got up at 5:30 and, wait for it, had a three hour bus ride to Seville for zone consejo! Kidding, that wasn't the fun part. However, President was doing interviews in the area and was driving to Badajoz that day. So Elder Nye and I had our interviews, then we loaded up into the large white Santa Fe that belongs to the president (he is very entertained by getting to drive around in a giant white holy faith) to head over to Badajoz. It was a thousand times better than any bus. It was a good, slightly shorter ride, and he was nice enough to drop us off right in front of our piso.

Zone Conference is this week, so if there are any packages that have been sent semi-recently, I should get them. Oh! My new piso has a shippable address, so if you ever want to send me something via Amazon Spain (most efficient and probably the cheapest way to ship stuff especially since you don't need to worry about international bullhonky), you can do that! So now if you ever feel like sending your good ol' son/nephew/grandson/cousin/ brother/brother-in-law/friend Elder Jensen a box of Hot Tamales (or whatever, I'm not particular) it can be sent right to my doorstep ;)

[Let me know if you'd like Elder Jensen's piso (apt.) address]

That's really all I have about me. I sent all of those castle pictures, so that should, make up for my lack of words.

Braeden's married now! Holy crackamagoo! And now I have a sister-in-law! What!? Life, man. Crazy stuff.
Is it too late for a toddler-sized pair of grey slacks?(helping me out with wedding preparations)


I love your emails, I love getting pictures, I love your faces. Have a good one!

Elder Jensen :)

Comments

Popular Posts