It's November.

November 13, 2017


Hm. That was quick.

Extremaduran District


This week was alright. I don't really have much to say about this week at the moment, so here's a president letter excerpt:

"There wasn't too much of the outstanding going on this week. We had our exchanges with the other Badajoz elders and they were alright. We did a lot of contacting throughout the week in general with little progress. Thursday threw us off because we didn't know about our interviews with you until Tuesday evening, so we had to cancel some appointments because we were traveling or in Seville the whole day. Friday was a little more productive; we received information for two potential investigators, and we were able to set up a time to meet with an investigator that we haven't been able to contact for weeks.

I'm currently going through a re-assessment of my personal and language studies, and Elder Van Moos and I are trying to improve the quality of our companionship studies. It's definitely a time of improvement and edification."

Thursday in Seville wasn't as...eventful as the past two visits. No cathedral ni Costco, but I enjoyed my interview with President Andersen. The day consisted of bussing down, sitting I  the chapel, teaching Hermana Andersen the Plan of Salvation, my interview, then bussing back. 

Half of Friday was weekly planning, the other half: contacting. We were going to have a family home evening on Saturday, but that fell through. We made a lot of no-bakes, and they are delicious.

No-Bakes.

Sunday was nice. Both Borja and Fátima are consistently attending church, but only sacrament meeting. We're working on that. We had a family home evening in the house of Lourdes [very nice Dominican lady, single mother of three (one of which is our branch mission leader waiting on his mission call) and one of the strongest members I've seen]. Joanna and her daughter Laura (members), Sandra (JAS fellowshipper of Fátima), and Fátima (Fátima) were there as well. Lourdes shared the message on the importance of church activity and living the gospel in our youth to set proper habits for the future (it was a relatively younger crowd). She ended with the Mormon Message about the two young boys putting silver dollars into the poor man's boots. It was a good message. Joanna was in charge of the games, and we played various games that have that one little secret (think: Green Glass Door, Black Magic, etc.). It was a lot of fun. Fátima enjoyed herself. I'll add a video to my Drive of Elder Van Moos' punishment for losing a game. I had to rap the first verse of Lose Yourself by Eminem for mine (#nailedit) for my punishment when I lost. It was a lighthearted evening.

That's really all I've got to write about for the week. I'm glad that Dad has proven to come back a mighty hunter and that stuff is getting figured out for Mom's back. I'm praying hard for you two.

Welp! Until next time, I guess

Elder Jensen :)

(Some fun group photos are coming shortly)







Comments

Popular Posts