Elder Jaénsen

Hey there! How we doin'? This week was quite wonderfully hectic.

Starting with Monday: Probably the deadest P-Day, but it was a nice tranquil time. We said goodbye to Adolfo in the evening, then visited Carlos and Gladis one last time. By the end of that visit, Gladis tried to set me up with her niece, haha!

1. From left to right: Josefina, José-Lino, Us, Francisco (Aniorte)
2. District Pic
3. Adolfo and Family
4. Carlos and Gladys (of the few we took, Carlos was talking or moving)






1&2. En la casa de Inma por la última vez
3. Bus Station Goodbye
4. "It's 12:41am, what should I do?...Night Selfie."

(Look at Elder Costas' smile!)


(Rosana is so sweet. She'd send me FB messages to let me know how Jacob was doing or to ask how my surgery went, or to just let us know how grateful they were for Elder Jensen. Love.)




Tuesday: District meeting, followed by packing. After getting one suitcase packed, we went to eat at Inma and Aniorte's with Rosana one last time. It was a good visit. I packed until about 12:40.

Wednesday: We drove to Elche to pick up an Elder who was going to be solo otherwise, then drove to Murcia as a trio to drop me off at the bus station. I left the car in a parking lot one last time, and boarded a bus to Granada. Elder Bingham was there and we bussed together to Jaén. It was nice only traveling across half of the country this time. I got there, and a family history cita failed, so we did some studies in the chapel (I have a chapel now!). We have a ward soccer game every Wednesday evening, so I played my first official game of soccer in over two transfers. There's also a lot of hills so my legs are actually being used again! 

Thursday, Friday, Saturday: The days were pretty full but so much has been happening that I'm still gathering my thoughts on what happened. We did service, we made a lot of calls, we visited members and recent converts, and we did a lot of walking. Sorry that this is all so brief, I'm doing a bit of a writing sprint at the moment.

Sunday was nice. The members are very nice and it will be cool to get to know them better.

Miracle of the week: We went to an investigators house and there was another family there that we ended up teaching The Restoration to! It went really well, but they don't live here, so they will hopefully be some referrals for other missionaries in Spain.

Today, we climbed a mountain to the castle over-looking Jaén. It was awesome and plenty of pictures are to come. For now, I put a video in the Drive of just after us running down the mountain.

Image result for jaen city castle of Santa catalina spain
Castillo de Santa Catalina
(Castle of Saint Catalina)

Hopefully my writing will be a little more existent next time.

Peace!
Elder Jensen :)

*Will post photos as they come

Comments

Popular Posts