Tricksy Thieveses

*Note from Krista: I made Braeden and Jacob a "Recipe Book" of easy things to cook themselves on their missions; from scrambled eggs and tuna sandwiches to their favorite dishes from home. I've sent Jacob a new copy. Apparently he needs measuring cups, though... :) Thankful Jacob can cook for himself and that he's making good use of the recipes!


January 22, 2018

Sooo I made sloppy joes for the two districts one day (everybody loved them, by the way) and one of the things I put in the big bag of cooking stuff that I brought with me was my thing of recipes. I put everything back in the bag, including the recipes, but the way things went, I ended up accidentally leaving the bag in the kitchen of the chapel for the week more or less. When I got back to the chapel, everything was still there. I distinctly remember making sure the recipes were there before leaving, and taking them out of the bag when we got back to the apartment; but now as I look for them the recipes are nowhere to be found. 

Now, I totally could have just blanked and they're still sitting in the chapel. Or I assumed they were in the bag, but a member* might have snagged them before I could get to the bag again.

Another potential outcome: Elder Hansen could very well have taken them. He might have mixed them up with his own when he packed.

Bottom line: I don't have recipes anymore and I would greatly appreciate it if you sent me more via email o lo que sea. And maybe a couple new ones as well. In the meantime, I'll keep searching for those pesky pieces of paper.

Thank you!

Elder Jensen :)

*A similar experience occurred in Badajoz. I brought my measuring cups to the other elders' piso because we were making something for an activity, but I left them there. So one day, the other elders gave them back to me in the chapel, but we weren't going right back home afterward and I didn't have room in my bag (the small one) to take them with me, so I hid them in a drawer in the chapel kitchen. When I could get to them again, the cups were not there anymore. Conclusion: Members stole my imperial system measuring cups....😭

Comments

Popular Posts